The GIK Acoustics PIB (Portable Isolation Booth) effectively isolates a vocalist or sound source from a room which significantly improves the recording quality. One side of the PIB has a thin wooden face with stylish cutouts which improves absorption while providing some diffusion. The wood side is ideal for recording and tracking environments as it will diffuse high frequency content across the room, in turn improving the sonic imaging of your tracking or listening environment.
GIK Acoustics would like to thank singer/songwriter/producer/engineer, Nancy Kaye Hill (a.k.a. Rosey), for her cooperation in making this video. For more on Rosey and her multi-talents, please visit her website: http://www.roseymusic.com/
Video was shot in the GIK Acoustics testing room using an AKG C 414 B-ULS microphone set in omni position.
PIB (Portable Isolation Booth) Features:
- Compact, durable, freestanding, easily stored
- Standard size unfolded: 43″ wide (each panel is 21.5″) x 78″ tall
- Standard size collapsed: 43″ wide (each panel is 21.5″) x 45″ tall
- weight: 30 pounds
- available in quality GIK Acoustics BLACK fabric with blonde wood veneer side
- Can be custom built using other GIK Acoustics fabric colors or Guilford of Maine fabrics by request
- Class A fire rated – Click HERE for Fire Rating test results
- employs ECOSE® technology absorption material and is manufactured with LEED certified Columbia Forest Products (made in the USA) formaldehyde-free technology