Features & Benefits
- Cylindrical Shape
- Beautiful finished look
- Free-Standing and stackable
- Class-A Fire Rated
- Selected fabric colors available
- Provides bass trapping and deals with SBIR (Speaker Boundary Interference Response) using multi-densities to reach lower frequencies.
- Transforms any room into a professional sounding, reflection-controlled space
- Fraction of the cost required to construct a professionally designed room
- No mounting necessary
- Can be used in control rooms and live recording situations as movable gobos (or go-betweens)
- A treatment that is familiar in home theaters
Turbo Traps are ideal for professional audio environments such as: recording studios, mixing rooms, live rooms, 2-channel listening rooms, and tracking rooms as they can be used to form a T-Zone, a reflective-free area which treats speaker boundary interference and first reflections – some of the biggest problems facing critical listening.
- Create a T-Zone by treating First Reflections and creating a barrier around speakers to reduce Speaker Boundary Interference (SBIR)
- Stacked in corners for bass trapping
- Back wall
- Tracking wall for recording (U-shaped, surrounding the tracking area)
See “Turbo Tuning Guide” Tab for an in-depth description of each scenario
Create a T-Zone: A Reflection-Free Area
Treating First Reflections and SBIR
To get the best results from the Turbo Traps, set up a T-Zone in order to treat some of the biggest problems facing audio professionals: First Reflections and Speaker Boundary Interference Response, also known as SBIR.
The T-Zone is an arrangement of Turbo Traps set up between the listening position and the front and side walls. This U-shaped treatment position acts as a shield to eliminate reflections from the walls so the listener hears what is coming directly from speakers resulting in clearer low end and improved stereo imaging.
See “Turbo Tuning Guide” Tab for more information.
Rigid fiberglass in different densities allows for more low end absorption than any other treatment option per square foot.
- Free-standing cylindrical design
- Handmade and machine-precise construction
- Beautiful finish and fabric selection for a polished look
1.05 (versus foam products where NRC = 0.4)
- Sturdy core holds up to 150lbs
- Multilayered material densities for increased effectiveness
- Quality hand-made construction and craftsmanship
- Flawless cylindrical shape
- 17″ x 38.25″
See “Turbo Tuning” Tab to discover the best placement options for your Turbo Traps.