No products in the cart.
- Ideal for use in corners
- Free standing, movable panel with a sleek, modern looking design
- Stainless steel supports
- Easy to store
- Standard dimensions: 24″ x 60″ x 4″
- Standard weight: 20 lbs
- Also available in a thin 2″ profile as absorption panel. Visit our FreeStand Acoustic Panel page for more information.
- Can be custom sized to fit your specifications
- Class A fire rated – Click HERE for Fire Rating test results
- Available in our 9 standard, quality GIK Acoustics fabric options
- Additional Guilford of Maine fabric choices available
- employs ECOSE® technology absorption material and is manufactured with LEED certified Columbia Forest Products (made in the USA) formaldehyde-free technology
The FreeStand Bass Trap covers 5 feet of vertical wall space making it ideal to straddle corners. When placed against the wall, the supports leave a 4″ gap between the FreeStand Bass Trap and the wall, which increases low end absorption.
The FreeStand Bass Trap comes with two stainless steel supports (or “feet”) which are easy to install. Simply place the FreeStand Bass Trap wherever you need it in the room. Move it around, use it anywhere, then store it away out of sight when not in use.
“We all love our toys, but one aspect of the studio that often gets overlooked is the room itself. Your listening environment influences every decision you make about recording and mixing, from how much low end the kick drum needs to how loud the tambourine should be in the chorus. Sadly, many people ignore this fact of life: the room is the most important component in the monitoring chain.” – Steve La Cerra, Electronic Musician magazine, Sept 2015
GIK Acoustics FreeStand Bass Trap GIK Acoustics FreeStand Bass Trap Full Report As part of their internationally renowned acoustics measurement facility, the University of Salford’s Acoustic Test & Calibration Laboratory provides an independent, service for acoustic consultancies, local authorities, construction, product design and other acoustic-related industries. See their UKAS scope here for Calibration and Testing.
Room Acoustics, The Basics: Bass Traps, Acoustic Panels, Diffusion
- This video explores the basics of room acoustics. Most of us use existing rooms such as bedrooms, living rooms or basements for a listening space versus high end recording studios that are designed with acoustics in mind. However there are ways to treat average-sized rooms to be utilized as control rooms, home theaters or two-channel listening rooms.
First Reflection Points
- If you've spent any time looking for information about treating your space, chances are you've run across the term "early reflection point", "First Reflection Points" or "mirror point". These are just semi-technical terms used to describe a phenomenon common to all enclosed spaces no matter what size: that the direct sound from the loudspeakers will arrive at the listener's ears before the reflected sound does. This video explains finding and treating First Reflection Points.
FreeStand Bass Traps are available in our 9 standard, quality GIK Acoustics fabric options at no additional charge. Upgrade the finish to Guilford of Maine fabric choices for an additional $25 per panel.
9 STANDARD GIK ACOUSTICS FABRICSYou may select any of the following 9 stocked Guilford of Maine colors right off the web site for an additional $25 per panel or contact us for a quote on any of the other Guilford of Maine FR701, Anchorage or other fabrics.
9 STOCK GUILFORD OF MAINE COLORS
See all Guilford of Maine FR701 colors here. Order a color swatch book with fabric samples for $15.00
There's a difference between a GIK Acoustics product and all others on the market. We separate ourselves from other acoustic treatment manufacturers in 6 primary areas.