GIK Acoustics 242 Acoustic Panel
$59.99 each (sold 3 per box $179.97)
To provide our customers with the best possible value, the 242 Acoustic Panel is packaged three to a box. If you wish to order a quantity that is not in multiples of three, please contact us to determine shipping rates.
The GIK Acoustics 242 Acoustic Panel is a professionally constructed velocity absorber with a rigid core and is broadband in nature – meaning they deal with the entire frequency range. 242 Acoustic Panels are made with a two-frame system allowing sound to be absorbed from the sides while maintaining a crisp, sharp edge.
The 242 Acoustic Panel is 24.25” x 48.5” x 3.5” and has a built-in air gap which not only increases low end absorption, but allows the panel to hang truly flush on the wall using an integrated wire on the back. Other acoustic panels are constructed as mere fabric wrapped over rigid fiberglass or a wooden frame which does not allow the proper space between the absorption materials and the wall and makes it nearly impossible to truly flush-mount.
The 242 Acoustic Panel is ideal when used in combination with other GIK Acoustics products. We recommend mounting GIK Acoustics Bass Traps in each corner and other low-end trouble spots. The 242 Acoustic Panel can be mounted at the primary and secondary reflection points on the walls and as a cloud on the ceiling. This combination is an effective way to fine-tune a room.
- standard size: 24.25” x 48.5” x 3.5”
- weight: 9 lbs (each)
- can be custom sized to fit your specifications
- easy wall and ceiling installation using wire integrated in the back like a picture frame
- optional built-in Scatter Plate for an even balance of absorption, diffusion, and scattering
- free standing options available with metal stands or boom stand brackets (boom stand not included)
- easy to install on ceiling with optional Cloud Mounting Bracket©
- Class A fire rated – Click HERE for Fire Rating test results
- available in 9 standard, quality GIK Acoustics fabric colors
- additional Guilford of Maine fabric choices available
- employs ECOSE® technology absorption material and is manufactured with LEED certified Columbia Forest Products (made in the USA) formaldehyde-free technology
“Once [the panels] were installed we did a test recording. The drums sounded great! Of course there was still some liveliness from the room but we’re getting a much tighter and more direct sound on the microphones and I love it!”
Scott Underwood, percussionist
Room Acoustics, The Basics: Bass Traps, Acoustic Panels, Diffusion
- This video explores the basics of room acoustics. Most of us use existing rooms such as bedrooms, living rooms or basements for a listening space versus high end recording studios that are designed with acoustics in mind. However there are ways to treat average-sized rooms to be utilized as control rooms, home theaters or two-channel listening rooms.
GIK Acoustics 242 Acoustic Panel Product Video
- Video highlights the 242 Acoustic Panel. Product description, construction, design and mounting options.
9 STANDARD GIK ACOUSTICS FABRICS
You may select any of the following 9 stocked Guilford of Maine colors right off the web site for an additional $15 per panel or contact us for a quote on any of the other Guilford of Maine FR701, Anchorage or other fabrics.
9 STOCK GUILFORD OF MAINE COLORS
See all Guilford of Maine FR701 colors here. Order a color swatch book with fabric samples for $15.00
WANT TO ADD BUILT-IN SCATTERING / DIFFUSORS TO YOUR PANELS?Broadband treatments offer great performance with an attractive price and when coupled with diffusion and scattering, can give your room a completely balanced sound throughout, without over-dampening high frequencies. The GIK Acoustics built-in Scatter Plate option allows even decay time from low to high frequencies while providing the necessary space for absorption to flatten the frequency response. Read more about the new GIK Acoustics Scatter Plate here. After adding GIK Acoustics 242 Acoustic Panel to your cart, you can then select Scatter Plate from the Diffusion Products menu and have them built into your 242 Acoustics Panel for only $49.00 per panel.
CLOUD MOUNTING BRACKETSIt's recommended to place acoustic panels on the ceiling to reduce floor-to-ceiling slap echo, control height modes and eliminate early reflections. But mounting 242 Acoustic Panels, 244 Bass Traps or Monster Bass Traps overhead can be tricky. We've taken the difficulty out of the equation with our Cloud Mounting Brackets©. Not only are they easy to use, but at $15.00 per set they're easy on your budget. It's the perfect solution for acoustic panel or bass trap ceiling mounting. Click here to add Cloud Mounting Brackets© to your order.
BOOM STAND BRACKETS
Instead of mounting the panel on the wall, we offer our Boom Stand Brackets. Installing these brackets on the panel allows it to attach to any boom stand turning your 242 Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology into a gobo or a portable vocal booth. For only $12 each you can add increased flexibility to our acoustic panels. (Boom stand not included.) Click here to add boom stand brackets to your order.
CUSTOM METAL STANDS
Another alternative that adds flexibility to our acoustic products are our Custom Metal Stands. Our metal stands are modern, contemporary and powder coated for greater durability. Complete your GIK Acoustics order with our free standing custom metal stands. Looks great and provides flexibility! Click here to add custom metal stands to your order.