242 Acoustic Panel Features:
The 242 Acoustic Panel is 3.625” thick and available in three different sizes:
Rectangle (24.1875″ x 48.25″) | Square (24″ x 24″) | Narrow (12″ x 48″)
- Patented design utilizes a two-frame system with a rigid absorptive core and built-in air gap
- Standard Rectangle panel (24.1875″ x 48.25″) weight: 8lbs
- Panels can be custom sized to fit your specifications
- Easy wall and ceiling installation using wire integrated in the back like a picture frame
- Optional built-in Scatter Plate for an even balance of absorption, diffusion, and scattering
- Free standing options available with metal stands or boom stand brackets (boom stand not included)
- Easy to install on ceiling with optional Cloud Mounting Bracket©
- Class A fire rated – Click HERE for Fire Rating test results
- Available in 9 standard, quality GIK Acoustics fabric colors
- Additional Guilford of Maine fabric choices available
- employs ECOSE® technology absorption material and is manufactured with LEED certified Columbia Forest Products (made in the USA) formaldehyde-free technology
The GIK Acoustics 242 Acoustic Panel is a professionally constructed velocity absorber with a rigid core and is broadband in nature – meaning they deal with the entire frequency range. 242 Acoustic Panels are made with GIK’s patented two-frame system allowing sound to be absorbed from the sides while maintaining a crisp, sharp edge.
The 242 Acoustic Panel has a built-in air gap which not only increases low end absorption, but allows the panel to hang truly flush on the wall using an integrated wire on the back. Other acoustic panels are constructed as mere fabric wrapped over rigid fiberglass or a wooden frame which does not allow the proper space between the absorption materials and the wall and makes it nearly impossible to truly flush-mount.
The 242 Acoustic Panel is ideal when used in combination with other GIK Acoustics products. We recommend mounting GIK Acoustics Bass Traps in each corner and other low-end trouble spots. The 242 Acoustic Panel can be mounted at the primary and secondary reflection points on the walls and as a cloud on the ceiling. This combination is an effective way to fine-tune a room.
Click for GIK 242 Acoustic Panel Datasheet
“Once [the panels] were installed we did a test recording. The drums sounded great! Of course there was still some liveliness from the room but we’re getting a much tighter and more direct sound on the microphones and I love it!”
Scott Underwood, percussionist