FlexRange Technology offers customers a true choice to control the frequency range that’s absorbed:
Effective absorption from 80Hz to 20kHz
Choose your bass trap without a membrane, and your bass traps are broadband bass absorbers. Choose to add a membrane installed and your bass traps absorb even lower frequencies. When used in recording studios, cymbals are crisp and clear while the bass kicks!
Our proprietary Range Limiter membrane system allows the 244 Bass Trap panel to absorb up to 50% more low end (below 60Hz) and retains 75% more high end (from 400Hz and above) versus the broadband Full Range option.
The dimensions of the 244 Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology allow the panels to be used in multiple quantities to absorb as much bass as possible without over absorbing the high end, which leaves life inside the room.
The 244 Bass Trap’s 5.25″ thickness combined with the rigid fiberglass core provides twice the low end absorption over similar foam-based products.
Patented design utilizes a two-frame system and built-in air gap which increases low end absorption with 3 options:
- Full Range – without a membrane, bass traps are broadband
- Range Limiter – with a membrane, bass traps absorb even lower frequencies while the membrane has less effect absorbing upper frequencies
- Scatter Plate – Optional built-in Scatter Plate for an even balance of absorption, diffusion, and scattering
GIK Acoustics was awarded US Pat. 9,091,060 which encompasses our proprietary FlexRange Technology (FRT) membrane system. Backed by research, development and testing, FlexRange Technology encompasses our proprietary bass trap design while offering customers a true choice to control the frequency range that’s absorbed. Without a membrane, bass traps are broadband. With a membrane, bass traps absorb even lower frequencies while the membrane has less effect absorbing upper frequencies.
- Full Range – The Full Range option is broadband in nature maximizing low end and upper frequencies to give a true broadband range of absorption. Full Range is an excellent option at controlling low end frequencies and is the preferred choice for early reflection points or when upper frequencies need 100% absorption.
- Range Limiter – The second option has a built-in frequency range limiter. This option includes a membrane system which starts absorbing at a lower frequency but also has a cut off starting around 400Hz. Using the Range Limiter option ensures maximum low end absorption while retaining nearly 100% of the upper frequencies within your room. Ideally used when no upper frequency absorption is required/desired. The Range Limiter option is an ideal solution to make a small room sound larger, keeping life within the room.
|Panel Size||Additional charge per panel|
|24” x 24” or 12” x 48.25”||$8.50|
|24.25” x 48.25”||$15.00|
Depth/Thickness = 5.25″
Square = 24″ x 24″
Rectangle = 24.25″ x 48.25″
Narrow = 12″ x 48.25″
Custom sizes available
Full Range = 14 lbs
w/ Range Limiter = 16 lbs
1.05 (versus foam products where NRC = 0.4)
Easy wall and corner installation using wire integrated in the back like a picture frame
Easy to install on ceiling with optional Cloud Mounting Bracket©
ECOSE® technology absorption material
Purebond formaldehyde-free technology
Quality hand-made construction and craftsmanship
“GIK Acoustics products do a remarkable job at creating a great, early-reflection free sweet spot for the engineer and controlling bass. The panels and bass traps have turned an acoustically challenging room into a perfectly workable listening environment.”
The 244 Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology hangs truly flush on the wall using an integrated wire on the back and can easily be mounted straddling corners (recommended) as a corner bass absorber or as a cloud on the ceiling as hanging bass traps. The design of the 244 Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology allows it to be used in multiple quantities to absorb as much bass as possible without over absorbing the high end, which leaves life inside the room.