It’s always been our policy and goal to give our customers an exact shipping date and stick to that timeline. We take fulfillment of our products and our promises very seriously.
Our standard build time is 7-10 working days, then 3-5 working days for shipping anywhere in the States, so you can expect to receive your order around 10-14 working days from the date you put in the order. We ship using FedEx Ground in the continental U.S.A. and Canada.
Our standard build time is 7-10 working days, then two working days UPS anywhere in the UK. The rest of Europe is 3-5 days UPS, and can be up to seven working days in some places. That means you can expect to receive your order sometime between 10-14 working days from the date you place your order. We ship using UPS throughout the European Union.
Refund / Return Policy
United States and Europe
All of our standard products are 100% Guaranteed (custom items cannot be returned).
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return the items for a full refund (excluding custom products) within 30 days. We require customers to pay for roundtrip shipping – the cost to send products to you and the cost to ship returns back to us. The entire purchase price of the products (excluding shipping) will be refunded as soon as we receive the panels. We want every customer to be happy with our products and our customer service. Our family-owned company won’t have it any other way!
United States and Europe
Customers are free to cancel their order at any time prior to shipping with no penalty of any kind. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call customer service at (404) 492-8364 and have your name, order number and the date of the order ready. We’ll take care of it right away.
United States and Europe
At GIK Acoustics customer service is our highest priority. Should you have any comments or questions please contact our Customer Service Rep Christina Stone at email@example.com, or at (404) 492-8364.
United States and Europe
External links are provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by GIK Acoustics of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. GIK Acoustics bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
United States and Europe
At GIK Acoustics we think your private information is just that: private. Maintaining the trust and confidence of our clients is a priority and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We are dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect and how we use it.
GIK Acoustics is a LLC registered in the state of Georgia in the United States of America. GIK Acoustics-Europe is a company registered in England. Neither GIK Acoustics nor GIK Acoustics-Europe are in the business of selling, renting or trading email lists with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes. However, we do share information between GIK Acoustics-USA and GIK Acoustics-Europe solely for the purpose of emailed newsletter content.
GIK Acoustics and GIK Acoustics-Europe use your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to customers
- to make a tailored website available to you.
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us
- to verify your identity
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection, and related purposes
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you
- for market research purposes – to better understand your needs
- to enable GIK Acoustics and GIK Acoustics-Europe to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
GIK Acoustics and GIK Acoustics-Europe use your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send email newsletters to update you on the latest news and offers.
GIK Acoustics and GIK Acoustics-Europe aim to update you about products and services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
- changing marketing preferences via your GIK Acoustics or GIK Acoustics-Europe account;
- making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails; and/or
- contacting GIK Acoustics or GIK Acoustics-Europe via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
Web Banner Advertising
If you visit our websites, you may receive personalised banner advertisements whilst browsing other websites. Any banner advertisements you see will relate to products you have viewed whilst browsing our websites on your computer or other devices.
These advertisements are provided using ‘cookies’ placed on your computer or other devices. This is standard practice for all websites. By using and browsing GIK Acoustics’ websites, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with our policy. If you do not consent, you must disable cookies or refrain from using the site. You can remove or disable cookies at any time.
When someone visits GIK Acoustics and GIK Acoustics-Europe websites we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery, and marketing service providers.
GIK Acoustics and GIK Acoustics-Europe only allow its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to GIK Acoustics and GIK Acoustics-Europe and to you, and for no other purposes.
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, GIK Acoustics and GIK Acoustics-Europe will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments;
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so:
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for GIK Acoustics and GIK Acoustics-Europe to share your data outside of the European Economic Area. This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws.
If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice is to use ‘standard data protection clauses’ which have been approved by the European Commission for such transfers. Those clauses can be accessed here.
We use a third-party provider, Constant Contact, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see Constant Contact’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails.
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer Chris Calzone at firstname.lastname@example.org
Freight Damage Policy
From time-to-time, products are damaged during shipment and GIK Acoustics will do everything possible to file claims and make sure customers are not liable. FedEx and UPS damages should be reported to the procurement buyer immediately. Damages will be handled between GIK Acoustics and the carrier.
However, if your order is being shipped using a freight carrier, the damage policy is different. Here’s what you should know if your items are delivered via Freight.
As the receiving agent, your signature on a warehouse receipt or delivering carrier’s freight Bill Of Lading (BOL) constitutes acceptance of the merchandise “as is” and in good order. If you do not inspect before signing you are, for all practical purposes, waiving “our” right to collect on a damage claim even if the damage is “concealed”.
Check immediately for possible damage during shipment. The National Claims Council Regulations specify that you must:
1. Inspect, examine and inventory your delivery as it’s unloaded.
a. Any and all shortages and damages must be written on the Bill Of Lading or Freight Bill. Should you on the Bill determine that any items are damaged or missing, you MUST note the item, the discrepancy, and the condition Of Lading or Freight Bill before you sign it! Then call (404) 492-8364 or the buyer with whom you were working and report the problem.
b. You should open cartons and containers. If there is the slightest doubt that the merchandise is damaged (concealed or not) it must be noted on the Bill Of Lading or Freight Bill or the liability to prove the damage was done by the delivering carrier is your responsibility.
c. Do not be intimidated by the driver. They cannot leave until the Bill Of Lading or Freight Bill is signed (regardless of how much in a hurry they are or how late they are).
2. Discovered Damage – if the box, crate, or merchandise is visibly damaged, refuse the delivery and request a Return Authorization number so the merchandise can be shipped back to its origin at no charge.
3. Concealed Damage – In the event of concealed damage, you MUST immediately document and photograph (if possible) the packaging and the damage. You must keep the packaging. Do not move the item, but call (404) 492-8364 or the buyer with whom you were working and report the damage. They will begin a concealed damage claim and ask for an inspection. The inspector will determine if the damage was possibly carrier caused. Remember you signed the document saying every thing was OK. A report must be filed with the carrier within 15 days after delivery and a claim filed with the carrier. The sooner concealed damage is discovered and reported, the better.
Further measures that may help in the claim process include the following:
1. Taking digital photography of the damage. If possible, photographs of the equipment still on the truck will limit the buyer’s liability.
2. Call (404) 492-8364 or the buyer with whom you were working to report the damage and request they start a claim. Preferably, the call should be made before the driver leaves the site.
3. Request an inspector.
4. Keep a copy of the Bill Of Lading or Freight Bill noting the damage and the driver’s signature.
There are a lot of things that can happen between the manufacturer and your loading dock. Therefore we are asking you to do a very small amount of work to protect both of us. The Bill Of Lading or Freight Bill is our only documentation of the condition of a load when it arrives at your site. Without this proof, we cannot hold others accountable for items damaged or missing.