No products in the cart.
4A Alpha Panel Diffusor / Absorber (4″)
23.75″ x 23.75″ $316.00 per box of 4 ($79.00 each)
23.75″ x 47.75″ $246.00 per pair ($123.00 each)
Available in one-dimensional or two-dimensional scattering / diffusion sequences
To provide our customers with the best possible shipping value, the 4A Alpha Panel is packaged in multiples. If you wish to order a different quantity, please contact us to determine shipping rates.
Alpha Series plates available in blonde wood veneer, black, or white
The GIK Acoustics Alpha Series is changing the face of acoustic panels and bass traps by beautifully combining absorption with diffusion.
With the Alpha Series, customers can enhance any room both aesthetically and acoustically with superior quality, high-performing, stylish acoustic panels and bass traps.
4A Alpha Panel
The 4A Alpha Panel features an attractive plate crafted with your choice of one-dimensional or two-dimensional scattering / diffusion sequences. Behind the fabric is 4″ of rigid rockwool – NOT FOAM – for true absorption. The rigid rockwool core provides twice the low end absorption over similar foam-based products.
Available in two scattering options:
- One-Dimensional – The 1D option uses a mathematical sequence in a column that extends the length of the panel
- Two-Dimensional – The 2D option uses a sequence of columns and rows with variable spacing that provides horizontal and vertical scattering of sound. Additional $20 each for Square panels and $30 each for Rectangle panels
Both the one-dimensional and two-dimensional options start to diffuse at 1000Hz and are great for any kind of room and in any location in the room.
- Square – 23.75″ x 23.75″ – sold 4 to a box to create your own grouping
- Rectangle – 23.75″ x 47.75″ – sold in pairs with or without optional freestanding supports
- OPTIONAL freestanding supports available on rectangular (23.75″ x 47.75″) Alpha Panel. When freestanding, the Alpha Panel can change the acoustics of a room by simply turning the panel to face front or back. Position the Alpha plate outward for diffusion or turn the fabric side outward for broadband absorption. Also allows for flexible placement in early reflection points or straddling corners as a bass trap.
- Highly attractive, modern, and decorative face available in blonde wood veneer, black rigid vinyl, or white rigid vinyl
- Standard dimensions: 23.75″ x 23.75″ | 23.75″ x 47.75″
- 4A Alpha Panel depth: 4″ sturdy wood frame with rigid fiberglass core
- 23.75″ x 23.75″ Standard weight: 8 lbs
- 23.75″ x 47.75″ Standard weight: 15 lbs
- NRC = 1.05 (versus foam products where NRC = 0.4)
- Thin face plate has mathematical sequence of slots for spatial diffusion, but also allows low frequency waves to pass through to the fiberglass panel for low end absorption
- Rigid fiberglass core provides twice the low end absorption over similar foam-based products
- Easy to wall mount with sawtooth hanger (included). No glue or destructive adhesive when mounting
- Panels available in our 9 standard, quality GIK Acoustics fabric options
- Additional Guilford of Maine fabric choices available
- employs ECOSE® technology absorption material and is manufactured with LEED certified Columbia Forest Products (made in the USA) formaldehyde-free technology
The 4A Alpha Panel is an attractive choice for a room where mid and high frequency chaos needs to be controlled but not removed. In a control room, the 4A Alpha Panel can be used on the front or back walls and rear sidewalls to keep the reverberation better mixed and the room lively. In home theater and two-channel audio rooms, the 4A Alpha Panel can be utilized on the rear sidewalls or behind dipole speakers to round off sharp reflections. The 4A Alpha Panel is also right at home anywhere in a tracking room or other large spaces, helping spread out the energy evenly across the whole room.
The 4A Alpha Panel is constructed as a 4″ wood-framed panel filled with rigid fiberglass absorption material (core made from 100% recycled materials, environmentally friendly without any formaldehyde or urea formaldehyde), wrapped in your choice of fabric, and finished with an attractive face which has a mathematical sequence for either one-dimensional scattering/diffusion or two-dimensional scattering/diffusion.
Scattering high frequencies with the use of slats in a mathematical sequence allows you to achieve an even decay time from low to high frequencies, while providing the necessary absorption to flatten the frequency response.
For more information on using diffusion, read our article “Diffusion is a Wonderful Tool” by Jeff Hedbeck.
GIK Acoustics 4A Alpha Panel
GIK Acoustics 4A Alpha Panels were tested and certified by the Riverbank Acoustical Laboratories (RAL) Sound Absorption and Sound Absorption Coefficients by the Reverberation Room Method ASTM C 423-02/NVLAP 08/P03 GIK Acoustics panels submitted to standard acoustic test method: ASTM "A" testing. For "A" testing the acoustic panels are placed all together flat against a surface and tested. "A" testing is the standardized testing method for the manufacturing industry.
Riverbank Acoustical Laboratories (RAL)TM has been accredited under the National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP). The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) administers the NVLAP program. NVLAP is comprised of a series of laboratory accreditation programs, which includes specific calibration and/or test standards and related methods and protocols assembled to satisfy the unique needs for accreditation in the fields of testing or calibration. NVLAP accredits public and private laboratories based on evaluation of their technical qualifications and competency to carry out specific calibration or tests.
Riverbank Acoustical Laboratories (RAL)TM test methods adhere to ASTM standards. Formerly known as the American Society for Testing and Materials, ASTM International provides standards that are accepted and used in research and development, product testing, quality systems, and commercial transactions around the globe.
GIK Acoustics Alpha Series 4A Alpha Panel Product Video
- This video provides product information for the GIK Acoustics 4A Alpha Panel. Descriptions of size, color options, placement and construction are presented.
Room Acoustics, The Basics: Bass Traps, Acoustic Panels, Diffusion
- This video explores the basics of room acoustics. Most of us use existing rooms such as bedrooms, living rooms or basements for a listening space versus high end recording studios that are designed with acoustics in mind. However there are ways to treat average-sized rooms to be utilized as control rooms, home theaters or two-channel listening rooms.
How Diffusion Works
- Diffusors are used to treat sound imperfections in rooms such as echoes and are an excellent complement to sound absorption because they do not remove sound energy. In this video we’ll examine How Diffusion Works.
Alpha Series plates available in blonde wood veneer, black, or white
Alpha Panels are available in our 9 standard, quality GIK Acoustics fabric options at no additional charge. Upgrade to Guilford of Maine fabric choices for an additional $15.00 per panel for the square Alpha Panel and $25.00 per panel for the rectangle Alpha Panel.
9 STANDARD GIK ACOUSTICS FABRICS
You may select any of the following 9 stocked Guilford of Maine colors right off the web site for an additional $8.50 per panel or contact us for a quote on any of the other Guilford of Maine FR701, Anchorage or other fabrics.
9 STOCK GUILFORD OF MAINE COLORS
See all Guilford of Maine FR701 colors here. Order a color swatch book with fabric samples for $15.00
There's a difference between a GIK Acoustics product and all others on the market. We separate ourselves from other acoustic treatment manufacturers in 6 primary areas.
QUALITY MATERIALS MEAN QUALITY PRODUCTS:GIK Acoustics products are beyond simple do-it-yourself panels that are found on the market today. We start with only the highest-quality materials that will not sag or leak over time, then we build every panel by hand employing a unique two-frame system. Unlike other companies who use inexpensive materials, GIK Acoustics panels are crafted with quality insulation material, fabrics and hardwood plywoods. We start with absorptive insulation material that is intended for room acoustics - not cheap mineral wool whose main purpose is to insulate a ship's engine room. We then use carefully selected hardwood plywoods - not cheap imports - to construct our frames. The difference and chief advantage is dimensional stability. Crossbanded layers and balanced construction mean that hardwood plywood won't shrink, swell or warp as much as lumber. To finish our panels we offer an array of fine fabrics - from our standard 9 options to the full line of Guilford of Maine panel fabrics. Our team of professional builders handcraft each acoustic panel, bass trap and diffusor to exacting standards ensuring the most attractive, effective and dependable products. The difference is our customers are secure in knowing they receive the very best made-to-order acoustic treatments available.
VALUE:Dollar for dollar, GIK Acoustics' products absorb more sabins (sound) than any other product on the market. We provide our customers the most cost effective solution to make every space sound it's best. GIK Acoustics Panels are tested and certified by the Riverbank Acoustical Laboratories (RAL) to provide the most accurate information on the results you can expect when you purchase our products. Our exceptional cost-to-benefit ratio means our customers do not over-buy or over-treat a room to get results.
HELPFUL SUPPORT STAFF:Customer satisfaction is our number one priority at GIK Acoustics. We start by helping customers determine the best products to treat their space with our free, expert Acoustic Advice. Our well-respected design team has years of experience and are available to provide assistance not only with product selection but product placement within your room. In addition to providing knowledgeable recommendations, GIK Acoustics maintains contact throughout the order process. Our trained Customer Service team ensures quality, timely delivery and reliability. And our staff is available to help with special needs or custom orders. The GIK Acoustics difference is we assist with everything from product inquiries to custom orders to delivery notifications to satisfaction follow ups. We guarantee it.
INFORMATIVE:When it comes to improving the sound quality in a room, many find the science to be overwhelming and the task of DIY'ing acoustic treatments to be daunting. As part of our commitment to our customers, GIK Acoustics provides Educational Articles and Videos to demystify room acoustics. It's long been our goal to help customers truly understand how sound behaves in a space and the importance and benefits of proper room treatment.
INNOVATIVE:Over the past 10 years, GIK Acoustics has pioneered a number of acoustic treatments that you can't find anywhere else. From the Tri-Trap Corner Bass Trap© to our Soffit Bass Trap© to the built in Scatter Plate, GIK continues to innovate. After a year of research & development, we introduced FlexRange Technology - our unique, patent pending system for providing the best in bass trapping and low end absorption.
ENVIRONMENTAL:It's our commitment to use environmentally safe materials for all our products. We use ECOSE absorption material, eco-friendly wood and we offer customers recycled fabric options as well. Greensafe means GIK Acoustics products are friendlier on air quality, the environment, and your budget.
Each Square 23.75" x 23.75" 4A Alpha Panel comes with a sawtooth hanger for easy wall mounting.
Each Rectangle 23.75" x 47.75" 4A Alpha Panel comes with two sawtooth hangers for easy wall mounting.
You have your choice of orientation. The Alpha Panel can be hung vertically or horizontally or in a combination of patterns. The choice is yours.
OPTIONAL freestanding supports available on rectangular (23.75" x 47.75") Alpha Panel. When freestanding, the Alpha Panel can change the acoustics of a room by simply turning the panel to face front or back. Position the slatted face outward for diffusion or turn the fabric side outward for broadband absorption. Also allows for flexible placement in early reflection points or straddling corners as a bass trap.
Rick LaFaver reviewed our 4A Alpha Panels for EnjoyTheMusic.com calling them, “One of the best values to treating any good listening room.”
For more Industry Reviews of GIK Acoustics products visit our PRESS REVIEWS page.
To leave your feedback or read customer reviews, visit our CUSTOMER COMMENTS page.