Low end becomes clearer by using the Monster Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology, making it easier to mix. No more guessing on bass levels during mix-down. No more hassles trying to clean up nasty nulls and spikes that are common in all rooms. With new certified lab tests, our Monster Bass Trap has a rating of 24 Sabins per unit – 50% more effective than our 244 Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology. There is no other product on the market that even comes close.
Our Monster Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology is our most effective panel and the best bass trap, raising the bar for bass traps and measuring in at a whopping 7.3125” bass trap thickness. The 3 shapes (square, rectangle, and narrow) of the bass trap allows it to be used in multiple quantities to absorb as much bass as possible without over absorbing the high end, which leaves life inside the room.
Choose your Monster Bass Trap without a membrane, and your bass traps are broadband bass absorbers. Add a membrane, and your bass traps absorb even lower frequencies.
Our proprietary Range Limiter membrane system allows the Monster Bass Trap to absorb up to 50% more low frequency (below 60Hz) and retains 75% more high end (from 400Hz and above) versus the broadband Full Range option.
The dimensions of the Monster Bass Trap allow the panels to be used modularly, and in multiple quantities, to absorb as much bass as possible without over-absorbing the high end, which leaves life inside the room.
Click for the GIK Monster Bass Trap w FlexRange Technology Datasheet.
Monster Bass Trap Thickness and Rigid fiberglass provides twice the low end absorption over similar foam-based products.
Patented design utilizes a two-frame system and built-in air gap which increases low end absorption with 3 options:
- Full Range – without a membrane, bass traps are broadband
- Range Limiter – with a membrane, bass traps absorb even lower frequencies while the membrane has less effect absorbing upper frequencies
- Scatter Plate – Optional built-in Scatter Plate for an even balance of absorption, diffusion, and scattering
GIK Acoustics was awarded US Pat. 9,091,060 which encompasses our proprietary FlexRange Technology (FRT) membrane system. Backed by research, development and testing, FlexRange Technology encompasses our proprietary bass trap design while offering customers a true choice to control the frequency range that’s absorbed. Without a membrane, bass traps are broadband. With a membrane, bass traps absorb even lower frequencies while the membrane has less effect absorbing upper frequencies.
- Full Range – The Full Range option is broadband in nature maximizing low end and upper frequencies to give a true broadband range of absorption. Full Range is an excellent option at controlling low end frequencies and is the preferred choice for early reflection points or when upper frequencies need 100% absorption.
- Range Limiter – The second option has a built-in frequency range limiter. This option includes a membrane system which starts absorbing at a lower frequency but also has a cut off starting around 400Hz. Using the Range Limiter option ensures maximum low end absorption while retaining nearly 100% of the upper frequencies within your room. Ideally used when no upper frequency absorption is required/desired. The Range Limiter option is an ideal solution to make a small room sound larger, keeping life within the room.
|Panel Size||Additional charge per panel|
|24” x 24” or 12” x 48”||$8.50|
|24.25” x 48.25”||$15.00|
Square = 24″ x 24″
Rectangle = 24.25″ x 48.25″
Narrow = 12″ x 48″
Custom sizes available
Full Range = 19 lbs
w/ Range Limiter = 21 lbs
1.05 (versus foam products where NRC = 0.4)
Easy wall and corner installation using wire integrated in the back like a picture frame
Free standing options available with metal stands or boom stand brackets (boom stand not included)
Easy to install on ceiling with optional Cloud Mounting Bracket©
Class A fire rated – Click HERE for Fire Rating test results
ECOSE® technology absorption material
Purebond formaldehyde-free technology
Quality hand-made construction and craftsmanship
“The GIK Acoustics Monster Bass Trap was the perfect trap to reduce a resonance that I detected in studio B.”
The Monster Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology can hang truly flush on the wall as a bass trap panel using an strong wire on the back and can easily be used for straddling corners (recommended) as a corner bass trap or as a cloud on the ceiling as hanging bass traps. The design sizes and shape of the Monster Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology allows it to be used in multiple quantities to absorb as much bass as possible without over absorbing the high end, which leaves life inside the room.