Do It Yourself Bass Trap and Acoustic Panel Frames
24″ x 48″ x 4″ $26.00 per frame
For our Canadian customers, please contact us for a shipping quote.
For those who prefer the Do-It-Yourself route or those who wish to cover a large surface but lack the necessary building tools, space, or prowess for cutting lumber; we have the solution.
Professional DIY Frames for bass traps and acoustic panels
Each frame is precisely machine-made at GIK’s factory in Atlanta using quality MDF. We incorporate a unique vented design that provides better sound absorption by allowing more sound energy to pass through the frame and into the absorptive material. Frame corners have pre-drilled countersunk pilot holes and come with the appropriate lumber screw. We also include pre-cut pieces for corners to support the absorptive material and hold it in place. Our DIY frames are a cost effective solution that can be assembled in minutes!
Assembled, the 4″ Frame will be 24″ x 48″ (outside dimensions). Fiberboard insulation may need to be trimmed to fit inside frame.
To build your own acoustic panels using these frames:
- Assemble the frame using the screws provided. Screwdriver or drill required.
- Attach corner pieces to the back of the frame with nails (included) which will hold the absorptive material in place. (hammer required)
- Choose enough absorptive material to fill frames. We offer both Owens Corning and Knauf Ecose. Fiberboard insulation may need to be trimmed to fit inside frame.
- Wrap the frame using your own fabric or choose from the full line of Guilford of Maine fabrics
- Mount on the wall using sawtooth hanger or picture wire. NOTE: these are not provided but can be purchased from any local hardware store.
Take the hassle out of getting started: no cutting (except possibly trimming the absorption material), no power tools required. Our DIY frames are delivered to your door via affordable, quick shipping.