244 Bass Trap FEATURES:
The GIK Acoustics 244 Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology is 5.25″ thick and available in three standard sizes:
Rectangle (24.25″ x 48.25″) | Square (24″ x 24″) | Narrow (12″ x 48″)
- Patented design utilizes a two-frame system and built-in air gap which increases low end absorption
- FlexRange Technology options
- FULL RANGE – without a membrane, bass traps are broadband
- RANGE LIMITER – with a membrane, bass traps absorb even lower frequencies while the membrane has less effect absorbing upper frequencies
- Easy wall and corner installation using wire integrated in the back like a picture frame
- Rectangle panel weight: FULL RANGE = 14 lbs | RANGE LIMITER = 16 lbs
- Effective absorption from 80Hz to 20kHz
- Optional built-in Scatter Plate for an even balance of absorption, diffusion, and scattering
- Free standing options available with metal stands or boom stand brackets (boom stand not included)
- Easy to install on ceiling with optional Cloud Mounting Bracket©
- Panels can be custom sized to fit your specifications
- Class A fire rated – Click HERE for Fire Rating test results
- Additional Guilford of Maine fabric choices available
- employs ECOSE® technology formaldehyde-free acoustic absorption material.
The GIK Acoustics 244 Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology utilizes our patented design to maximize low end control. FlexRange Technology offers customers a true choice to control the frequency range that’s absorbed. Without a membrane, bass traps are broadband. With a membrane, bass traps absorb even lower frequencies while the membrane has less effect absorbing upper frequencies.
Compared to other commercially available products which are simple, fabric-wrapped, DIY-type panels, the 244 Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology is precision engineered and manufactured to exacting standards. We begin with our patented two-frame system that allows low end to be absorbed from the sides and back while the professionally constructed frame maintains a crisp, sharp edge. GIK Acoustics uses high-quality fabrics as our standard options as opposed to cheap burlap or microsuede. Our materials are which means GIK products are easy on air quality for your room, the environment, and your budget.
When combined with our proprietary RANGE LIMITER membrane system, the 244 Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology absorbs up to 50% more low end (below 60Hz) and retains 75% more high end (from 400Hz and above) versus the broadband FULL RANGE option.
The 244 Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology hangs truly flush on the wall using an integrated wire on the back and can easily be mounted straddling corners (recommended) or as a cloud on the ceiling. The design of the 244 Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology allows it to be used in multiple quantities to absorb as much bass as possible without over absorbing the high end, which leaves life inside the room. Cymbals are crisp and clear while bass kicks!
“GIK Acoustics products do a remarkable job at creating a great, early-reflection free sweet spot for the engineer and controlling bass. The panels and bass traps have turned an acoustically challenging room into a perfectly workable listening environment.”
Ivo Witteveen, co-owner
MOST Audio Post, Amsterdam