No products in the cart.
FreeStand Acoustic Panel© (gobo)
- Ideal for use in front of doors and windows
- Free standing, movable panel with a sleek, modern looking design
- Stainless steel supports
- Easy to store
- Standard dimensions: 24″ x 60″
- Also available in a 4″ profile for greater low end absorption. Visit our FreeStand Bass Trap page for more information.
- 2″ Profile standard weight: 11 lbs
- Can be custom sized to fit your specifications
- Class A fire rated – Click HERE for Fire Rating test results
- Available in our 9 standard, quality GIK Acoustics fabric options
- Additional Guilford of Maine fabric choices available
- employs ECOSE® technology absorption material and is manufactured with LEED certified Columbia Forest Products (made in the USA) formaldehyde-free technology
The GIK Acoustics FreeStand Acoustic Panel© is a gobo – a movable acoustic panel – and is ideal for any room where wall mounted panels cannot be used or for rooms with multiple purposes. For listening rooms, control rooms and home theaters, the FreeStand© is a stylish solution for use in front of doors and windows. For recording studios, the FreeStand© can be used around drums or amps.
The FreeStand© covers 5 feet of vertical wall space making it an ideal solution for early reflection points or helping to control over all ambiance in a room. When placed against the wall, the supports leave a 4″ gap between the FreeStand© and the wall, which increases low end absorption.
The FreeStand© comes with two stainless steel supports (or “feet”) which are easy to install. Simply place the FreeStand© wherever you need it in the room. Move it around, use it anywhere and then store it away out of sight when not in use.
GIK Acoustics FreeStand Acoustic Panel© GIK Acoustics FreeStand Acoustic Panel© Full Report Riverbank Acoustical Laboratories (RAL)TM has been accredited under the National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP). The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) administers the NVLAP program. NVLAP is comprised of a series of laboratory accreditation programs, which includes specific calibration and/or test standards and related methods and protocols assembled to satisfy the unique needs for accreditation in the fields of testing or calibration. NVLAP accredits public and private laboratories based on evaluation of their technical qualifications and competency to carry out specific calibration or tests. Riverbank Acoustical Laboratories (RAL)TM test methods adhere to ASTM standards. Formerly known as the American Society for Testing and Materials, ASTM International provides standards that are accepted and used in research and development, product testing, quality systems, and commercial transactions around the globe.
Room Acoustics, The Basics: Bass Traps, Acoustic Panels, Diffusion
- This video explores the basics of room acoustics. Most of us use existing rooms such as bedrooms, living rooms or basements for a listening space versus high end recording studios that are designed with acoustics in mind. However there are ways to treat average-sized rooms to be utilized as control rooms, home theaters or two-channel listening rooms.
First Reflection Points
- If you've spent any time looking for information about treating your space, chances are you've run across the term "early reflection point", "First Reflection Points" or "mirror point". These are just semi-technical terms used to describe a phenomenon common to all enclosed spaces no matter what size: that the direct sound from the loudspeakers will arrive at the listener's ears before the reflected sound does. This video explains finding and treating First Reflection Points.
FreeStand Acoustic Panels are available in our 9 standard, quality GIK Acoustics fabric options at no additional charge. Upgrade the finish to Guilford of Maine fabric choices for an additional $25 per panel.
9 STANDARD GIK ACOUSTICS FABRICS
You may select any of the following 9 stocked Guilford of Maine colors right off the web site for an additional $25 per panel or contact us for a quote on any of the other Guilford of Maine FR701, Anchorage or other fabrics.
9 STOCK GUILFORD OF MAINE COLORS
See all Guilford of Maine FR701 colors here. Order a color swatch book with fabric samples for $15.00
There's a difference between a GIK Acoustics product and all others on the market. We separate ourselves from other acoustic treatment manufacturers in 6 primary areas.